Sexual Transmitted Diseases (STDs) need a medical evaluation and treatment.
Family First Urgent Care can use STD tests to diagnose sexually transmitted diseases such as chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, and trichomoniasis.
Symptoms of STDs
- Sores on the penis, rectum or vagina
- Frequent and painful urination
- Bumps or warts on the vagina and penis
- Sore throat or swollen glands
- Dark colored urine
- Light colored stools
- Abdominal pain
- Vaginal bleeding
- Many of the signs and symptoms of Syphilis are indistinguishable from those of several other diseases. Once in the body, the Syphils organism attacks various organs in the body including the brain. The sores caused by Syphilis make it easy for HIV and other STD’s to invade your body. The organism that causes Syphils enters the human body, usually by sexual contact. Syphilis is spread primarily by sexual contact.
- Gonorrhea can cause symptoms of vaginal or penile discharge, sore throat, fever, skin rash and many other symptoms. Additionally Gonorrhea can cause pelvic inflammatory disease, abscess and sterility.
- HPV infection is caused by Human Papiloma Virus and is known to be a precursor to cervical cancer. It may also cause small bumps to form on the penis, vulva, vagina, cervix, and around or inside the anus. It is a highly contagious STD.
- HIV / AIDS
- HIV / AIDS is caused by the Human Immuno-Deficiency Virus which destroys the bodies immune response, it’s ability to fight off infection and cancer. It may take from 1-10 years from the time of infection to the first symptoms of HIV.
- Hepatitis virus may be transmitted sexually and can cause severe illness, dark urine, light colored stools, nausea and vomiting. Hepatitis virus may lead to cancer of the liver.
- Herpes usually appears as a cluster or group of small blisters close to or on and inside of the mouth, penis, vagina and anus. There is no known cure for Herpes and several outbreaks a year are typical of the disease.
- Trichomonas causes an infection of the Penis or Vagina and appears as a green odoriferous discharge.